Philip Foster arrived in Oregon in 1843, partnered with Sam Barlow to build the Barlow Road section of the Oregon Trail, and moved to Eagle Creek (near modern Estacada) to manage the road and serve its travelers with a store, blacksmith shop, rental cabins, and hot home-cooked meals. Today's guests can visit original and reproduction buildings, grind corn, use a crosscut saw, build a log cabin, and learn from guides in period clothing. Tours and events are scheduled from April through October, with a special week of events and tours available in December. Authenticity and accessibility are core values for this site, maintained by a private nonprofit historical society, which includes descendants of the Foster Family. Open daily 11-4:00 from Father's Day to Labor Day, weekends in May and September. See the website for group tour information.
- 0 people found this review helpful